We are all responsible for the environment. While it takes government leaders to enact legislations and companies to embrace and follow those legislations, it all starts with each of us individually, doing our part.
Back Pack Give Aways
According to the 2018 census, around 12.6 million under-18 children in the US alone were in families living in poverty. At Churches in Action, we organize backpack giveaways to help the youth and relieve their parents from the financial burden so that they can focus on other essentials.
Backpacks do so much more than simply hold their things. They provide a sense of security and comfort to children all over. Over the past decades, Bishop Juan Carlos Mendez has helped give backpacks filled with school supplies to over 30,000 young people in the US, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and Mexico.
There are over three and a half million teachers in the US, a vast number of which have been fighting for decades for stronger funding and support that will ultimately benefit the children in the education system. We stand by the educators of our nation’s unified school districts, rallying to the cause of making schooling a better and more impactful experience for our youth.
If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacks daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm and eat well,” but you do not give them what the body needs, what good is it? So also faith, if it does not have works, is dead being by itself. (James 2:15-17 )
17 out of every 10,000 Americans experienced homelessness on a single night in January of 2019. These underserved people have been left to camp out on sidewalks, parking lots, parks, and many more places. As Christians and as fellow human beings, we cannot just look the other way because this issue affects our society as a whole.
From promoting safety and security through neighborhood watches, supporting drug rehabilitation houses in Ecuador, acquiring a fire truck to help prepare a Guatemalan town for emergencies, and even engaging the local Sheriffs Department here in Los Angeles, Churches in Action actively works to foster stronger community preparedness across the globe.
Youth & Adolescent Programs
Whether a result of life’s harsh circumstances or otherwise, many of the youth are vulnerable to the abuse of drugs and alcohol, suicide, and gang recruitment. We seek to guide them by showing them that there is a better life to live if they persevere. At Churches in Action, we organize a variety of youth and adolescent programs to protect them against risks.
With the number of personal, financial, and mental health issues in the world, there is no shortage of problems afflicting American adults on a day-to-day basis. We aim to make a positive impact by providing them an avenue to address these issues in a safe and understanding environment.
Senior Citizen Programs
From health and wellness programs to even helping senior citizens adapt to a constantly changing world, Churches in Action organizes several programs to help the elderly as they move forward through life.
Enlightening Scriptual Messages
- Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed.
- You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols.
- Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no
one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
- There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them.
- There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.
- There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.
- Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
- To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of
the same Spirit.
- To another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit.
- To another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another
speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
- All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.